Monday, January 21, 2008

2007 Astronaut Glove Challenge - Peter Homer's Story

Wired's Geek Dad blog has a post on last year's Astronaut Glove Challenge. The post is based on this article at NASA.gov that tells the Peter Homer astronaut glove story, including some pictures and a video of Peter testing the glove. Here's a quote from the article:

"I definitely think that's something they ought to pursue more of," he said. "I'm not an anomaly. I'm not just one guy out here. There are lots of people like me who have the training, background and experience, and who, for whatever reason, are not in the industry but who are interested in contributing in some way. There are lots of really intelligent people who can contribute in the way that I hope to contribute by bringing new ideas in a way that NASA can take them over and bring them into their programs."