Friday, September 26, 2008

RocketDeech at Masten

This post at Masten Space mentions a couple of new interns at the company:

Since Wayne left, the two fall interns, Derek Jensen and Aditya Madhavan (aka “Deech”) have been making the last few repairs to the sensor and engine wiring so we can start doing hot fire testing in the next few days.

It looks like Deech has started a blog of his own, RocketDeech. I'll pick out some excerpts from several posts:

So I decided to start a blog. Since I am going to Masten Space Systems to intern for the fall, I thought that this would be a good way for me to keep in touch with people. ... Well I made it to California ... Today we pulled the rocket motors off of XA 0.1B to do some tests on the transducers and fix a solenoid issue. ... As far as the internship goes, things are going well. I've done a lot of electrical wiring and testing on XA-0.1B so far. ... Mojave is a very small town, only about 3836 people or so. As such, there is little to do here, which vexes me. We (me and Derek, the other fall intern) have found some things to do, such as going to Tehachapi or Lancaster and eating there or seeing a movie. However, there is very little to do in Mojave itself. The airport is about the same size as the town itself, if not slightly larger. ... All right, well I guess that's enough for now, before I end up like Jon here at MSS and start writing 5000+ word posts.