Friday, March 27, 2009

Green Moon

Micro-greenhouse on the Moon - RLV News - This post has the latest news on the morning of the Odyssey Moon/Paragon Space lunar greenhouse press conference. I'll try to update this post this evening with any information I come across on the press conference itself.

A couple days ago OdysseyMoon twitter posted: getting ready for our press conference Friday, I hope they shoot my best side...

This reminds me of Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun series set so far in the future that it reads like a fantasy, where "the moon has been made verdant and now shines green in the sky".

Update: Here are some more links:

Building the First Lunar Greenhouse - Odyssey Moon on Google Lunar X PRIZE Teams page

A Greenhouse on the Moon by 2014? - Universe Today

Firm vows to grow first flowers on the moon - New Scientist