Thursday, May 24, 2007

ISDC 2007 started


The National Space Society's International Space Development Conference (ISDC) 2007 has started. This includes some topics related to space prizes as well as numerous other interesting space topics. I'm not there this year (I have been to some in the past, before starting this blog) and won't be sending updates during the conference, but I will try to provide a summary or links related to space prizes if the information becomes available from other sources.

For now, anticipate the following (this is just the prize-related material, which hardly scratches the surface):

According to Personal Spaceflight, there will be a Sunday afternoon session devoted to Centennial Challenges and the X PRIZE Foundation (hey, maybe I would have gone if I knew about this, but I didn't notice it on the schedule).

Sunday, May 27: NSS/Ames Space Settlement Contest Winners (from the ISDC program)

James Patrick Baen Writing Contest

Arts in Space Awards

I'm not sure who will be posting on the event, but it sounds like Jeff Foust at Personal Spaceflight (and other sites), Alan Boyle at Cosmic Log, and Rand Simberg at Transterrestrial Musings (all linked on the right) will be there and presumably posting. There are enough sessions and tracks that you will probably want to check multiple sites.